Monday, April 13, 2009

Whenever it rains, my hair gets wet


Maybe I was born under a bad sign. Maybe I did something to deserve this. I'm not sure exactly why, but every darn time it rains, my hair gets wet. Now, maybe this problem is specific to me. After all, I have a very temperamental texture of curly hair. But I suspect this problem happens to other people too; its just that no one likes to talk about it. Well, I'm here to say now, loud and proud, that I'm not perfect. And neither is my hair.


I've learned to deal with it throughout the years. There are a panoply of quick fixes such as rainproof coats with hoods, hats, umbrellas, anti-humidity hair spray, etc. But these don't solve the root of the problem: when drops of rain fall from the sky and touch my tresses, they get saturated, limp, and begin to curl in unexpected and unflattering ways.


If anyone else is also experiencing this very personal and embarrassing problem, please feel free to email me. I'm here to talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment