Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Turns out, it wasn't that creative to call my intramural basketball team the "Indiana Pacers."

The logo says it all.
When my intramural bball team was trying to think of team name, a lot of ideas got passed around: the "Chicago Bulls," the "Miami Heat," the "California Golden Bears," the "Ohio State Buckeyes," etc. And I was like, look, guys, it's great that we have a lot of ideas, but these just aren't all that original.

"Yeah," they responded collectively, "if you're so creative, why don't you come up with some original fucking team name, prick?!"

"Actually, I have something in mind that you just might like." I could barely hide my smugness.

And then I laid it on them: The Indiana Pacers. No one seemed to have any problem with that, so we officially became the first team ever to be called the Indiana Pacers in the University of Illinois College of Law Intramural Challenge.
But when I got to my computer later, I googled the team name just to make sure it was as original as I thought, and guess what I effing found: http://www.nba.com/pacers/. And guess where they're from? That's right: the Hoosier State, i.e., Indiana.
There already is a team called the Indiana Pacers! There already is a team called the Indiana Pacers! Fuck!

I am really eating my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment