Thursday, April 2, 2009

Crimes are against the law


I learned something new the other day.


I was driving down the street. I'm not a very good driver, mind you. So it wasn't much of a surprise when a cop pulled me over, even though I hadn't had a drink in like 18 hours. The cop comes over to my window and says a few things. Most of them I already knew, but one of them I learned from.


"Have you been drinking tonight, son?" He asks me.


"No, sir," I answer honestly. At this point, I haven't learned anything.


"Cause driving after drinking is a crime, and that's against the law," he informs me.


Now, I know that driving drunk is a crime, but against the law? get the f outa here.


So I respond, "Officer, I'm not drunk, but assuming arguendo that I was, and assuming that that driving drunk is a crime, I still don't really think its against the law."


I thought I had him beat. But that motherfucker was prepared. He pulls out his Blackberry and goes to dictionary.com, and boom: "crime (n.) - An act committed in violation of a law."


And that's where I learned something.



From me to you, as a friend, crimes are against the law. If you're going to commit a crime, then you're going to break the law. And that comes with serious consequences.


No comments:

Post a Comment