Sunday, April 19, 2009

Chicken Fingers


I’ve always loved chicken tenders, so I was excited when my friend took me to try what she said were the best chicken tenders in town. Imagine my confusion when I didn’t see them listed on the menu. I asked the friendly waitress, and she pointed to the menu. “Oh, there it is: chicken fingers. They’re a very popular dish.”

Chicken fingers? I fought back the nausea. First of all, I never knew chickens even had fingers. I thought they had claws…or wings? How many fingers do they have? I guess there is no “second of all” but, Jesus! Who eats little animals’ fingers? Too many people if it really is a “very popular dish.” That is disgusting.

No doubt trying to cover her tracks, the waitress stutters to me about its hearty breading and free-range chicken meat. I wasn’t buying it. All I could think of was a little chick’s pinky toe being chopped off for my dinner. Eating a chicken’s fingers if f*cked up. It’s just rubbing it in the poor animal’s face that we are more powerful than them. Breasts?* Wings? Another story. Leave the little fingers alone, you sadists.

* LLOL

No comments:

Post a Comment