Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Some Things Never Change

This morning I had an epiphany. It came to me as I was eating my Frosted Mini Spooners and watching the morning news. I found myself thinking, “Oh. There was another senseless murder in Chicago today. Some things will never change.” And it really is true: some things never change.

For instance, as long as we’re around, the sun will always rise and set each day. Also, I babysit a few kids and have noticed they act just like I used to when I was their age. Kids acting like kids? Not gonna change.

Look, I’m not trying to be negative, just realistic. I just want everyone to be aware and not waste time trying to move mountains where they won’t budge. My boyfriend will always leave the seat up, time will keep going by too quickly, and I will always get stuck behind the car of some slow motherfucking Chinese woman when I’m running late.

...just kidding; I don't have a boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment