Saturday, March 28, 2009

The week of my period is not the best week of my month




The other day, as I was laying in bed with a burning sensation in my lower abdomen, I came to a realization - I don't enjoy getting my period. I totally disagree with those people who claim that period week is the best week of the month. Let me try to explain why.

First, there's the aforementioned pain. At best that knotty-burning sensation annoys me; at worst, it makes me feel like I want to puke whenever I stand up. Its just not as exhilarating feeling that way as I once thought it was.

Next, there's the products you have to use to cope. I used to think it was cool to stick a wad of cotton up you hoo-ha or to have a mini diaper-like pad stuck to your underwear. But, as it turns out, that fun wears off.

Finally, there's the activities you have to forgo. Your period causes you to have to miss out on some pretty important things. Forget swimming with sharks. Don't even think about wearing those stylish white pants you just bought.

Ladies, I know this may come as a shock to most of you, but I'm pretty sure having your period is a burden. It's almost so burdensome, that if I didn't know any better, I'd think it was a punishment from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment