Saturday, August 8, 2009

Sonia Sotomayor, Supreme Court Justice, Is a Woman


Today a new Supreme Court Justice was sworn in. And the new Justice is - get this - a woman. That's right: a woman, feminae, mujer.

I was just as surprised as you no doubt are. I, for one, cannot believe the media kept us in the dark for so long. But as of today, the MetroWest Daily News - beacon of Framingham, Mass. and my go-to source for outstanding journalism - reported, "Sotomayor is a woman..." I don't know whether to give MetroWest a hand for its in-depth reporting or shake a finger at Sotomayor for concealing her gender for so long. I suppose I can alternate.

I'm hoping the American public will take this as a cue to keep politicians under closer scrutiny. You never know what they're hiding. Next thing you know, some scandal will reveal that Sotomayor's gay or, worse, Hispanic. That'll be the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment